Thursday 28 October 2010

Tyler Brûle on my ol' hometown

I just took a look at Tyler Brûle's column (FT) after a long pause in doing so. To my pleasure I noticed that he has has written some about his recent visit in Helsinki.


http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e0c11a6e-d262-11df-9e88-00144feabdc0.html


Cosy cardamom autumn it is. That made me think those megasize muffins with cinnamon, vanilla and apple that they used to serve in Wayne's Coffee (its from Sweden, by the way). Delicious with a large cup of cappuccino. Not anymore, though. It can be shared, you know. No need to buy two of those small ones they only stock nowadays.

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, he came to Helsinki and I heard that the next issue of The Monocle will feature an extensive "Finland Survey", they've been talking about it a lot on "The Monocle Weekly".
    And indeed, Wayne's muffins are nothing but a sad version of what they once were.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent news - I'll be keeping an eye out for that. Thanks for the tip!

    May the good muffins return one day..

    ReplyDelete